Brown's Boatyard is seeking a skilled worker to fill a summer position on North Haven Island in Midcoast Maine. This position could become a year- round job for the right person.
- comfortable with physical labor
- capable of running boats up to 25' (no license required, though could be a bonus)
- skilled with hand and power tools
- comfortable taking on a variety of boatyard related jobs
- comfortable communicating with a wide range of customers (old, young, rich,
- poor, happy, unhappy, etc.)
- able to multi-task
- able to work well with a diverse group and on solo projects
- able to find solutions to complicated problems, improvising when necessary
- capable of planning and executing self- directed projects
We are accepting applications as of (closed for 2017 summer season)
We will make hiring decisions as qualified candidates become available
Position start and end dates are flexible (between 4.15.17 - 10.15.17)
Pay: Competitive pay based on experience
Note: Housing is extremely difficult to secure on North Haven in the summer, so Brown's
Boatyard offers a very affordable rental; we have two (with a third being built) tiny houses. They each have a loft sleeping area, bathroom and small kitchen/living area. Idea for one, or a couple. (This is considered a perk as on island housing can be expensive and hard to find.) Other housing options are up to candidates to secure.
Interested candidates should contact us by email: email@example.com
A resume is helpful, but not required. Please provide as much detail about you, your experience, and your schedule as possible. Also include your desired hourly rate.
Priority will be given to candidates with knowledge and experience in:
Boating- Sailing-Sail rigging- Marine painting - Varnishing- Woodworking - Fiberglass
Marine electronics - Heavy equipment - Small engines - Outboard engines - Diesel engines -
Lobster boats - Driving/backing trailers - Travelift operation - Diving