Ferry service to vinalhaven
We run a ferry passenger service to Vinalhaven. We use a small outboard that seats 4 to 5 people and bikes can also be accommodated. The trips run on the hour, during our business hours. 7 - 5. If you are originating in North Haven, please check in at the hardware store to let them know you would like to go over. If you are on Vinalhaven please use the phone near the dock to call 867-4621 and let them know you are waiting. We only make the crossing if we have passengers, so please alert us to your presence. This trip crosses the Fox Island Thorofare leaving from our dock and crossing to the Vinalhaven town dock, directly opposite. The actual town of Vinalhaven is 7 miles away from the ferry landing. It's a long walk, or bike up-hill both ways......be prepared.
- Round trip price $7.00 per person One way $5.00
- Bikes are and additional $2.00 each
- Leave on the hour between 7am and last trip is at 5pm
- Our transient moorings are well protected in the Fox Island Thoroughfare. Moorings are suitable for boats up to 60’ and are inspected annually. MLW depth is 8’-20’. We do not take reservations, it's first come first served for our transient moorings, please call 867-4621 when you arrive for availability or contact us via VHF channel 16.
- The town dock is easily accessible from our mooring ﬁeld, as is the North Haven Casino Sailing Club dock. We rent our transient moorings on a ﬁrst come, ﬁrst served basis. No reservations are taken. Our dinghy dock is located in front of our big red shop. The town dock is located just to the left of our ferry terminal.
- We have various sizes of moorings from 50lbs to ton + rocks for seasonal rental as well as providing seasonal commissioning and decommissioning of your moorings.
Brown’s Boat Yard is a full service yard providing complete care for over 100 boats. We will take excellent care of your vessel and guarantee its condition for the following season. We offer over 15,000 square feet of inside storage for boats. Sails may be stored in our loft or returned to manufacturers for service in the off season. We have plenty of indoor storage space for your spars and equipment in a clean, locked facility. Ask about our heated indoor lockup for storing electronics!
Unfortunately, our storage space is limited and we can’t accommodate every boat. We offer storage space to last winter’s customers first. Please call ahead to insure that we will have room!
- Outside winter storage – $18 per ft
- Inside winter storage – $20 – $23 per ft
- Small rowboat/tender storage – $38
- Outboard motor – $38
- Mast – $12
- Equipment lock-up – $29
- Fisherman storage rates available *
- Transient/overnight mooring – $30 (sorry no reservations)
- Various sized available for seasonal mooring rental *
- 300ft of float space available (some overnight)
- w/fuel, water, electricity *
- Labor rate – $50 per hr
- Travelift – $4.00 per ft
- Powerwash – $15
- Float hook up – $250
- Tow Truck (minimum charge) – $25
- Off premise service charge (minimum charge) – $25
- Boat Watch *
- Diver services *
- Mechanic services *
- Millwork *
- All aspects of boat (wood & fiberglass) maintenance available *
* Please contact us for pricing
Please check our "Contact" page for other island business links